General terms and conditions of QUO-VADO AG – Hotel Artes in Chemnitz for conferences, external seminars, events
1. These terms and conditions apply to contracts for the rental of conference rooms of QUO-VADO AG for the implementation of events such as conferences, seminars, banquets, etc. as well as for all other related services and deliveries by the hotel.
2. The subletting or re-letting of the leased rooms and areas requires the prior written consent of the hotel.
3. The organizer’s terms and conditions only apply if this has been expressly agreed in writing.
Conclusion of contract, partner, liability
1. After the offer has been submitted in writing, the contract is concluded by means of a written order / confirmation of the offer on the part of the organizer.
2. If the customer / orderer is not the organizer himself or if the organizer engages a commercial agent or organizer, they are jointly and severally liable with the organizer for all obligations arising from the contract.
3. QUO-VADO AG is liable for its obligations under the contract. This liability is limited to deficiencies in performance, which, except in the typical service area, can be traced back to intent or gross negligence on the part of the hotel. In addition, the organizer is obliged to inform QUO-VADO AG in good time of the possibility of exceptionally high damage. QUO-VADO AG is not liable for any damage incurred by the organizer or his guests in connection with participation in the event (except in the case of gross negligence or willful misconduct). This also applies to the liability of vicarious agents and vicarious agents. Liability is limited to the amount of the business liability insurance.
Services, prices, payment
1. QUO-VADO AG is obliged to provide the services ordered by the organizer and promised by the hotel.
2. The organizer is obliged to pay the QUO-VADO AG prices agreed for these services. This also applies to services and expenses of the hotel to third parties in connection with the event.
3. The agreed prices include the respective statutory value added tax. If the period between the conclusion of the contract and the events exceeds 4 months and the price generally charged by the hotel for such services increases, the contractually agreed price can be increased appropriately, but no more than 10%.
4. QUO-VADO AG’s invoices without a due date are payable within 10 days of receipt of the invoice without deduction. In the event of default in payment, the hotel is entitled to charge interest at a rate of 4% above the respective discount rate of the Deutsche Bundesbank. The organizer reserves the right to prove lower damage, the hotel higher damage.
5. The hotel is entitled to demand a reasonable advance payment at any time. The amount of the advance payment and the payment dates can be agreed in writing in the contract.
Resignation of QUO-VADO AG
1. If the advance payment is not made even after a reasonable grace period set by the hotel with a threat of rejection, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
2. The hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract for an objectively justified reason, for example if: force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfill the contract; Events with misleading or false information about essential facts, e.g. B. the organizer or the purpose; the hotel has justified cause to believe that the event may jeopardize the smooth business operations, security or public image of the hotel without this being attributable to the hotel’s sphere of control or organization; there is a breach of the scope of paragraph 2 above.
3. The hotel must inform the organizer immediately of the exercise of the right of withdrawal.
4. The organizer has no claim for damages against the hotel, except in the case of willful or grossly negligent behavior on the part of the hotel.
Withdrawal / cancellation by the organizer
1. Cancellations are free of charge up to 2 calendar weeks (14 days) before the event, after which 50% of the estimated room rent is due. Cancellations must be made in writing. An alternative date can be arranged.
2. If the organizer withdraws only 1 calendar week (7 days) before the date of the event, the hotel is entitled to charge 35% of the lost food and drink sales in addition to the 50% room rent, and 70% of the food and drink sales for any later withdrawal Beverage sales.
3. The calculation of the food sales is based on the formula: conference flat rate x number of people menu banquet price x number of people
If no price has yet been agreed for the menu, the cheapest menu of the current event offer will be used.
Changes in the number of participants and the time of the event
1. The exact number of participants must be bindingly announced up to 5 working days before the date of the event.
2. A reduction in the number of participants by a maximum of 5% will be recognized by the hotel in the billing. In the case of deviations beyond this, the originally reported number of participants minus 5% will be used.
3. In the event of an upward deviation, the actual number of participants will be charged.
4. If the number of participants deviates by more than 10%, the hotel is entitled to re-set the agreed prices and to swap the confirmed rooms, unless this is unreasonable for the organizer.
5. If the agreed start or end times of the event are postponed without the hotel’s prior written consent, the hotel can charge additional costs for service availability, unless the hotel is at fault.
Bringing food and drinks
The organizer is generally not allowed to bring food and drinks to events. Exceptions require a written agreement with the hotel. In these cases, a contribution to cover overhead costs will be charged.
Technical facilities and connections
1. Insofar as the hotel procures technical and other equipment from third parties for the organizer at the organiser’s request, it acts in the name, on behalf of and for the account of the organizer. The organizer is liable for careful handling and proper return. He releases the hotel from all claims by third parties from the provision of these facilities.
2. The use of the organizer’s own electrical systems using the hotel’s power grid requires the hotel’s written consent. Any malfunctions or damage to the technical systems of the hotel caused by the use of these devices are at the expense of the organizer, unless the hotel is responsible for them. The hotel is entitled to record and calculate the electricity costs incurred through the use of the electricity.
3. The event rooms are made available to the organizer in a clean and functional condition.
4. Faults in the technical or other equipment provided by the hotel will be eliminated immediately if possible. Payments cannot be withheld or reduced if QUO-VADO AG is not responsible for these disruptions.
Loss of or damage to items brought along
1. Exhibition items or other items, including personal items, that are brought into the event rooms are at the organiser’s risk. QUO-VADO AG assumes no liability for loss, destruction or damage, except in the case of gross negligence or intent on the part of the hotel.
2. Decoration material brought along must meet the fire protection requirements. QUO-VADO AG is entitled to request official evidence for this. Because of possible damage, the setting up and attachment of objects must be coordinated with the hotel in advance.
3. The exhibition or other objects brought along are to be removed immediately after the end of the event. If the organizer fails to do this, QUO-VADO AG may remove and store it at the organiser’s expense. If the objects remain in the event room, the hotel can charge room rent for the duration of the stay. The organizer reserves the right to provide evidence of lower damage, QUO-VADO AG of higher damage.
Liability of the organizer for damage
1. The organizer is liable for all damage to buildings or inventory caused by event participants or visitors, employees, other third parties from his area or himself.
2. The hotel can request the organizer to provide appropriate securities (e.g. insurance, deposits, guarantees).
1. Changes or additions to the contract, the acceptance of applications or these terms and conditions for events should be made in writing. Unilateral changes or additions by the organizer are ineffective.
2. Place of fulfillment and place of jurisdiction is Chemnitz.
3. German law applies.
4. The organizer agrees that his personal data will be saved for the purpose of organizing the event.
5. The hotel has no influence on the content of the event and can therefore not be associated with it. The organizer must separately point out this point to the participants.
6. The organizer assures that he is neither a sympathizer nor a supporter of Scientology or the ideas of L. Ron Hubbard and that these ideas will not be disseminated in his events.
7. The contractual partner is expressly advised that within the framework of the music performance and sound system he has arranged himself, the relevant reports and accounts must be made by himself with GEMA.